Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas

Saturday we decorated our Christmas tree.  We have a box of special ornaments.  An ornament we got on our honeymoon, and ornaments we got on our anniversaries.  I opened the box and pulled out our honeymoon ornament and just cried.  He asked me what was wrong, and I said that just seeing it now makes me so sad.  It reminds me of such a happy time when promises were not broken, when we were not broken.  It's hard for me to look at them on the tree now.  I guess I have to though, since I made the choice to stay together and move forward.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment. I think this season makes it easy to be heavy-hearted. It's supposed to be this amazing, we're all so happy family times, but when there's skeletons in your closet, it's hard to be cheery. Feel free to email me (carlasue476@hotmail.com) anytime if you wanna chat.

    ReplyDelete