Monday, September 20, 2010

Confrontations/Discussions

We had multiple confrontations/discussions about what happened.  I owned up to my part of the breakdown in communication between us.  He didn't know how much I struggled through my second pregnancy, how hard I had to work to stay out of the hospital for the last 15 weeks of it, and how hard it was for me after our second son was born.  I didn't want to burden him with it, he had enough going on at the time.  I apologized for the fact that he felt like he was unwanted by me.  After talking to my counselor It dawned on me that Jimmy C has some huge unresolved issues about not being wanted by his dad, I think the two were tied tightly together emotionally for him. 
We had a number of discussions, but I have no recollection of him ever apologizing for his part in this, for hurting me, for breaking my trust.  He made steps behavior wise in the right direction, but I don't recall ever hearing the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment