Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dealing with it every day.

Jimmy C kept talking to K, it was horrible, I would leave for the grocery store after our boys went to bed and he would be on the phone with her the minute I walked out the door (I would find this out by looking at our cell phone records).  For a couple of weeks I didn't say anything about it figuring he would just stop talking to her given a little time. 
That didn't work.  We left the boys with my mom and went to run some errands in the car and we had a discussion about it.  I told him flat out I didn't trust him and that I knew with 100% certainty that if it was me doing what he did, that he wouldn't tolerate it one bit.  He had crossed the line, the line we established together about what was appropriate and what wasn't.  I told him the longer it went on with him talking to her the harder it was going to be for me to trust him again.  I asked him to stop all personal contact with her.  Unfortunately for me I knew she worked at the grocery store that they use when they shop for work.  I told him I was being realistic and I didn't want to put him in a bad position at work, so I wasn't going to ask him to not step foot in the store, but I wanted him to stop all personal contact.  He agreed.  He talked to her less, but he still talked to her.  I had such a hard time handling it, I couldn't believe that his life was so bad that he would risk being the "every other weekend dad".  K isn't single, she is married with 2 or 3 kids, I never asked so I am not sure exactly on the number.  It wasn't like he could just jump into a relationship with her.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, Hi, I found your blog on Mckmama's blogfrog. Wow...I am sitting here just kind of awe struck at your sweetness given the situation. I have tears in my eyes reading your words. I just can't imagine your pain and frustration. I also am the mom to two boys ages 4 and 22 months...I know the stage you're in with them and it's so hard! But to be going through such a tough situation...wow. I want to give you advice but it would just be my opinion...and not necessarily what you need to do. But know I will pray for you and I hope you can find some peace somehow and soon. You are welcome to stop by my blog if you'd like. I have a blogfrog community...we're a small group but very supportive...so please feel free to drop by anytime. Many blessings to you in this journey! God loves you so much Melissa and I just feel the need to tell you that right now...know that no matter what any one does to you even your own husband...God adores the woman and mother that you are and does have your back. I had post-partum depression with my first son...I struggled with it a long time...so if you need help for that or you're not sure please see your doctor because sometimes there are things that can help. Okay I will stop writing you a book here :-) ~Kimberly

    www.stinkerpinker.com

    ReplyDelete